> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Drugs and Candy

Drugs and Candy – I guess I felt obligated to explain myself to those closer to me. Why I chose the name. It’s a concept really. In the vain of Lupe Fiasco’s Food and Liquor life is filled with its good and its bad…I go a step further to say that sometimes the bad is good to us and sometimes the good is not good forever. The Drugs and Candy…Drugs bring to mind Crack and the like (which I indeed spit) and my music can be seen as a substance that you inject, never eject and take to addiction, LOL, but more accurately its medicine. Some drugs can heal or help. But too much candy is not good for you. You learn that young. Shit ain’t sweet. Kids love it but kids don’t know how to handle it. Its like sex, its like love in the hands of evil, its like anger. I go back and forth and converse with angels and demons about my qualities and flaws you people get the pleasure of witnessing the ping pong game between my heart and brain…drugs and candy. If I pour it on a table you may not be able to tell any of it apart. Dive in!

Many moods in "Drugs and Candy" but this image captures the essence. wait for it...

No comments: