> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

"they want us all gone eventually"



I remember nas said that on If I Ruled The World...

currently, nas has come under fire for his use of the word NIGGA. Not in past use but because the LP he tentatively plans on releasing this winter will be titled just that...NIGGA. In all actuality Hip Hop is Dead was to be titled that but he did not feel the game was ready. Was he right? Have we not advanced far enough out of that time? I stopped using the word Nigga a while back. my reasons are personal but this LP could go many directions and could do many things. people are saying that nas is setting us back...??? really.


Jay-Z did a song a while back called ignorant shit and it basically was a slick-shit-kick at those who applaud him for talking reckless but ignore the times he speaks about anything with an ounce of substance. This reminds me of that. Nas has been in the game this many years and I doubt that he is gonna start shucking and jiving now. I don't think he will do an album called NIGGA and feed us watermelon rhymes. I hold him in higher esteem and I have never met the man. I appreciate the work that he's put in thus far and for him to be questioned on some setting us back shit is funny. Does this look like a reality show? Is he playing himself while the joke is on him. I got a bad taste in my mouth from Flavor Of Love and this seems to tickle the palate a little more than that. I am with Nas. Not that it counts to him or Def Jam but to those who would wonder what I would think of my favorite emcee naming his album NIGGA, I say its no different than American Gangster.

No comments: