> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

home sweet home

Fresh off the plane, Konichiwa Bitches.
I come back to Atlanta with new inspiration. No gifts for friends (but I did snag an I’ll LRG Jacket for 45 bucks). I spent time riding through old neighborhoods and staring at old landmarks. The nostalgia was chilling. Riding down Riverside Ave., Foothill, Baseline or E Street was like seeing old ghosts. I shrunk. I wasn’t JAY WEST there, I was justin. I worried that the city would feel like I abandoned them. I’m from the I.E. but I questioned, was I really carrying the cross like I should if I’m gonna be a savior for my little Bethlehem? I just had to soak it all in.



I linked with a long time friend of mine. I’ve known him since living in that little pink house on Walnut in Rialto. We used to play pick up games right there on the court in the culdesac and after one game he let me hear some tape. He was the first cat to put me on to Eminem. This was way before the first LP dropped. This was before Big died. My boy would play freestyles he recorded off the Wake-Up Show. Eminem, Biggie, M.C. Juice and some other cats. He was straight hip-hop head. We were like in 7th grade or something. This same kid now spins at the station. Talk about living a dream. From listening to those little tapes to now being on to spin your choices its nuts. My homie DJ Sourmilk is thorough.



Along with being part of the Power 106 team (shouts to Mando, D.J. Los and the homie Miguel) “the Milk Man” is featured in the new Orisue Look Book. Sour Milk makes it known that he is from the Inland Empire. Repping is a must and its inspired me to do more for the place that raised me. I’m the Inland Emperor.

We ran thru Hollywood that night and hit a few spots. Stuffing our faces at Tommy's I stood out there on the streets feeling disconnected. L.A. is not home for me. I love it but its not my block. Atlanta is not either. I left there before I got the chance to get into the night life and street culture. I came to Atlanta and immersed myself in it. I got the status in the A. but what about Cali. I chopped it up with Milk about that and I pondered the idea of making the dip back out west. I would have the whole city behind me. We would set shit on fire. but I eased back down and we kicked over at Power for a few hours. We slid into Basque on Vine where Milk killed the tables and some Latin Ballers made it rain... I was hollering at Snoop's Honorary Son Anthony, flicking it up, getting that cali love. From there we posted at Bob's Big Boy with that burnt as french toast then we called it a night.

I was grinning and shit. Kept telling myself not to be so whimsical but I damn near made the call to the loved ones in GA to say I'm never coming back. Hollywood stole my heart that night. Here stars on her face like glitter and tattoos. I'm running wild. I crashed at Sour Milk's spot and he was off to do it again the next night. Cheers to everyone who contributed to the goodness. I'll be back soon, next time its get money. And..I gotta get my wears tighter. I'm on the Orisue Site right now!






So i'm back in atlanta now.
refreshed.

after getting my accent reinstated

i'm in the office today and here's the horoscope i read

"Your ideas are large and impressive right now -- perhaps even too big for other people to understand! So if you want your ideas to be adopted, you will definitely have to simplify them so people can wrap their heads around what you're saying. Show them what you see. Think about your audience -- what is most important to them? Focus on that, and show them how they can get what they want out of your plan, too. You have a lot of great sales skills that you don't always use."


"...if you build it, they will come..."

No comments: