> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Friday, February 29, 2008

My Sprite Easter Pink

"No, he hasn't talked to me," said Wayne, sitting in his tour bus in his native New Orleans, about Bun, a longstanding friend of the Cash Money Millionaires family. "But I'm going through that same sh-- with my friends, with my mom. Everybody wants me to stop all this and all that. It ain't that easy." Weezy said he can't just quit cold turkey.







I felt compelled to ask people to read this article because I know how big this guy's voice is to kids. Does he feel the same constraints to speak responsibly on things as I do, or as I think he should. I don’t pass judgment on anyone but I think this opens the floor for relevant conversation. I’d like candid feedback on the subject. Since Pimp C’s death, Bun B has come out and acknowledged the epidemic of the Sizzurp. He even went so far as to denounce it from use in the future album works. I don’t condemn what Weezy does but I don’t condone it either. So many high schoolers look at Wayne as the greatest rapper alive and its under his own coercion. A lot is taken on by that. But I suppose that this is just a classic case of a celebrity not choosing to live responsibly.

That last part of what I stated is neither here nor there. It just sounds oxymoronic to proclaim strength in your actions and boast about how you don’t run away or you stand and look your problems in the face when in the same breath you say “Its not that easy” to quit. Well fuck the easy way out, you’re addicted now and its fucking with your health. Don’t mention “everything a nigga do is successful” that is besides the point of the drank. It should be successful, that’s a different issue. This is this. The drugs are a problem in hip hop. Get off the Boo Boo!

No comments: