> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Nas + FILA


“Word to Will buried in his Fila Suit and heavy chain…
…I wanna be iced up, nigga, bury me the same”


- Nas spits on “My Way” from Lost Tapes

Nas has dealt with the criticism of his hypocrisy all throughout his rap career. There’s always been a lingering question of what his legacy is to be. One thing is true about God Son, he’s remained true to self. I’m sure he’s been approached by other sneaker lines to collab with and now he chooses Fila. I’m sure eyebrows raised when the word of the Fila deal came out. The last rapper I heard about linking with Fila was Hurricane Chris to drop a sneaker that looked like a fake Prada. I digress. Fila has been something subtly consistent in Nas’ music since the beginning so this deal doesn’t surprise me. Some ads have been released and you can read more on NiceKicks

Peep game, gangsta.


No comments: