> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Benjamin Bixby



“People feel like, just because you like to dress well … that don’t mean you’re gay! I don’t know where that came from! My thing is the 1930s you had rough guys who played football, but they were impeccably dressed. So now, if a guy wants to wash his face, they call him a metrosexual or whatever. So my thing is, cut all that out. You know? It’s clothes!”

-Andre 3000 on his line BENJAMIN BIXBY









BE CLEAR: This post should have been up long ago.
I was thinking that I needed some more fashion content on the page today and I also have been wanting to post more Andre 3000 stuff. This served both purposes. When I found the quote from, it all fit together. I am going to a place in my mind where I am becoming more self-aware and I would like to wear that on my sleeve. Women's fashion is about creating characters while men's fashion is about defining character. Women play with different eras or they are styled like certain fashion icons, while fellas wear clothes that reflect who they are or so they try to. For a guy it would be easy for the clothes to make you, but then there are guys like Dre, who make the clothes. Not even in the most literal sense (I'm saying, he is designing Benjamin Bixby but i mean this figuratively). I want to be one of those men. Clothing still defines character but I feel I can do that by choosing what characters I portray.

Does that make sense?

I envy women that. They can dress up in so many ways, guys have to abide by a certain code of 'no homo'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to begin wearing dresses but I do feel that there are parts of a man's character that aren't shown in the clothing he wears these days. I gotta get to that.

No comments: