> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jessica Tonder: and so it begins...

Last summer, she sat in our living room and I played my music for her. She grinned and after the songs stopped she said, “Its dope”. That meant a lot then. It means more now.





See, we come in contact with lots of artists in passing. Some shine locally, some bubble globally but this kid is cracking. We attended the first show in a 13 city tour she is about to embark on and I’m glad we were there to give her the send off she needs. Jessica Tonder stood on stage centered behind a keyboard and in between DJ, Rob Wonder and Producer, Drop Braxton and began to peel away the layers. We just watched her coming alive and the experience was incredible for me. I sunk into the show and just imagined the stage grow 5 more feet and I could see a pond full of hands waving and people singing with her but never interrupted what the little girl planned to give us.

I suppose I should try to reserve my predictions for coffee table talk between me and the gang but I’ll be direly frank when I say that I have little faith in the careers of some of the artists sprinkled around the blogs. This young lady is the truth already and its so much greater because she is so young. You’ll know when you listen. Its indisputable People like to say, “you have potential” to artists when they’re young but that does not apply here. She is great NOW. Its only going to get better. The Robot and The Little Girl is her rookie card. Get your hands on that.

visit Myspace.com/jessicatonder for info and show dates>>>


No comments: