> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Wil May: College is a Trap


I didn’t go to college. I graduated from North Springs and went straight for my dreams. I never appreciated the pissing and moaning of “broke college kids”. It sounded oxymoronic to me. All the broke kids I knew couldn’t go to college. Then I met more college kids…then I met Wil May.

We piled in with the homies after some party at The Royal Friday. Flying around town looking for some random shit to fall into, we landed at Wil May’s place. A…Loft? um Apartment? Err…Bachelor pad? Nah. All that down plays the shit. He had some MTV REAL WORLD shit low key under a bridge in Castleberry Hill District of Atlanta. It was my uninformed assumption that Mr. May had come from a spoiled rotten childhood with papered up parents. It didn’t mean shit to me. I was going to drink dude's alcohol and call a chick. I was posted. I had a seat on the patio with my people and out comes him. He’s all chill with the low tops on and the signature checkered fitted. He dapped me up and introduced himself. Cool enough. We sitting around popping shit and someone asked me to spit a verse. Wil and I get the two-man cipher going. I was spitting my pimping and he was rhyming about skeeting on white girls. The shit was just fun.

I didn’t stay a lot longer... and because the guy wasn’t a dick, I felt like I shouldn’t just drink all the alcohol. I had a drink and broke out but I wondered, “What does this nigga do”

I soon found out the hustle.
Ladies and Gentlemen: IDZ 4 the K!D$ Download the song

No comments: