> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cultura De Elite Interview



The good guys over at Cultura De Elite caught up with me earlier this week for a brief bit of Q&A about me and my music. We chopped it up and walked around the city looking for cool places to shoot and shoot the breeze. Interview and Photos by Theodore Garcia. Here's an excerpt:

Are you working on any upcoming projects?

-DRUGS+CANDY is the project that I’ll be releasing soon. Its been my baby for the past few months and its really got a hold on me and my life right now. Its about the balance to imbalance of good to bad in our lives. I don’t mean “our” as in like my team, I mean the worldly “our”. You and me and the readers. There are drugs that heal and candy is not good for you. “Paper Girls” and “The Language” are two of the records we’ve released and they’ll both be featured on that project. Other than that, I have artists and creators around me that are actively working too so I want to invest time into fleshing out their ideas. Phil Reid directed the video for “The Language” and I want to do more of whatever he sees as his next step. I just trust him. Dev Allen is an artist I’m super excited about and we’ll start doing some work with him soon. Lotta dreams in the works over here.

If you could fulfill one dream right now, what would it be?

-I make wishes still and it would be unfair to me to tell you all of those because they may not come true, right? I just really want to drop an album that is respected. There’s not really an “if” to that, though. That’s the next thing after DRUGS + CANDY


READ FULL INTERVIEW>>>

No comments: