> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

In the Stu with Lu!

I try to reserve my stanship for my personal life and off the blog, but Lupe Fiasco really is one of my favorite rappers. Like in my TOP 5! I recently peeped this on the Hundreds blog and wanted to share it here. Lupe recently held a show in his hometown of Chicago, IL where he dug into the crates and past, present and future to give the dedicate lupe stan a lot more to drool over. I can only imagine the cult-like, hoodied-out crowd that was in the building.



Bobby Hundreds says:
Anyways, Lupe and his band were shacked up in the recording studio late tonight, burning that midnight oil. Working on some new music, but rehearsing for this Thursday’s big show in Chicago. It’s entitled “REMEMBER TO SMILE: A Retrospective of Lupe,” and it’s basically a one-man show where Lu expounds about politics, religion, and other topics surrounding his life, spliced up with performances of songs he’s never done live before. He’s bringing back old mixtape tracks, B-sides, and other rarities that explain the rapper’s story from then ’til now. It’s gonna be quite the treat for the dedicated Lupe fan, and for now, this is the first and last time he’s gonna do it. I’m trying to convince him to bring it to LA though! Or else I’ll hate him.


via thehundreds

No comments: