> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Monday, March 29, 2010

On the Road to Riches and Diamond Rings



People are so infatuated with the cocaine era. That's not exactly what this is.

With “D R U G S + C A N D Y” a lot of the drug references are used to draw a parallel between some vices. Sex, conflict and vanity are just a few that have their hooks in me.

I guess it be’s like that sometimes for an artist of any kind.
Oh well, I’m a man of many passions.

You know the age old Rap Game/Crack Game analogy. For drugs, whether user or dealer, the candle burns at both ends. I never sold drugs. That business is messy but just from the outside looking in, this is what I see.

Occupational hazard: your health. What other business is like that?

Your well-being is more at risk for as a seller than as a buyer. So who's really the addict? Is there any other business that is like that?

YES.

Music. At least for me and my counterparts. We've lost love, money and time on this rap shit. Seen a lot of nightmares trying to create this dream.

Something’s gotta give.

No comments: