> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Pharrell Interview in INTERVIEW Magazine

I wanted to celebrate being smart, because I noticed that being a nerd when I was in high school was the corniest thing you could ever do. But for me, I'm like, 'Those are the guys that grow up and drive BMWs!'....
—Pharrell Williams







Perfect timing. On Monday Night, I sat down with my new creative spring-board homegirl at The Local on Ponce and we were talking all this nerdy, elitist type stuff really smelling ourselves and eating our own shit (Oh it was big time). One of the things we discussed is the mind of a person who is a creative as compared to people who are uhh....NOT. It got pretty heady and I took a lot away from the conversation that night. So yesterday, I'm browsing the internets and I comes across this awesome interview featuring Pharrell Williams and Dr. V.S. Ramachandran, a professor of neuroscience and psychology at the University of California, San Diego. You gotta check it out. It just blew the top off the whole convo I was having the other night. Plus these photos look a lot cooler on their site.


FULL INTERVIEW>>>

No comments: