> T H E W E S T W I N G >

+ There's a style to the music.
+ There's a fashion to the words.

+ There's a seduction in the sound of Jay West, but what makes it provocative is all within the details.


+ The Jay West Perspective is romantic. The Jay West Aesthetic is tailored. The Jay West agenda is to INSPIRE. “Southern California’s Newest Buzzworthy Artist” is preparing a follow-up to the cult classic mixtape, “Drugs+Candy”. The table is set.


+ Say Grace.

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Exactly!




I'm browsing the blogs today. I know there's a million I have not seen. What's the world got on its mind today?

In my brief bit of search, I came across TheExactly.net (self-described as "Your new favorite blog"). The blog seemed cool enough but what I found was something striking, at least to me. Its The Exactly's mixtape, "YOUR NEW FAVORITE MIXTAPE". I read what the author of the blog, Zack Lee, (lol, I hope that's his real name) had to say about the idea of dropping a mixtape and it went...

When I started this blog I did so believing that I could fill a gap where I thought something was missing. There were many artists I felt should be exposed, art, events, movies and funny things I wanted to share with as many people as possible. The idea of a mixtape came to mind during one of those wonderful moments where you’re thinking about all the things you COULD do with an outlet. Being that my moniker is “Your New Favorite…,” it was only right to name the mixtape “Your New Favorite Mixtape.” From its inception, the mixtape had to be something that represented what I felt the blog stood for, sharing DOPE SHIT with everybody! I didn’t want it to be a West Coast mixtape, underground Hip Hop mixtape or mainstream, I merely wanted to put songs that I thought were dope together in a package for people to bang. The process of putting together this mixtape has had its setbacks and delays, but I persisted and I can finally give it to ya’ll.


I can dig it, Zack Lee. I can relate indeed.

GO TO THE EXACTLY! and DOWNLOAD THIS MIXTAPE PEOPLE!

No comments: